tracking data

Saturday 5 October 2013

Adventure Time, Season 1, Episodes 5-15

Well, checking in with you again.

Adventure time has certainly become much more... palatable.

There's still a lot of logical inconsistencies I don't quite understand. For instance I was fairly certain that Tree Trunks was dead after the apple episode, but she shows up again in Marselline the Vampire Queen's episode at the party in the cave-house.

Over all, the show is totally bizarre and oddly compelling, in the way that watching a car smash into a wall in super slow motion is compelling. It's a beautiful train-wreck of writing. There is a certain audience for things like this, though I'm not sure I'm it.

The animation so far has been very interesting, hearkening back to shows like Ren and Stimpy and Courage the Cowardly Dog, shows that masqueraded themselves as children shows but always had a much bigger appeal to older audiences.

Right on, I'll check back with you when I'm finally finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment